Claims Procedure

  1. A new record shall be established when a score is at least one point higher, or in Flight, when a greater distance is achieved.
  2. The record must have been shot whilst the archer was affiliated to Hertfordshire Archery Association.
  3. Records may be claimed for scores achieved at competitions shot under GNAS or FITA rules including for rounds shot at clubs on a designated club target day.
  4. Juniors should claim for the appropriate round for their age group (or higher).
  5. If a junior score is higher than the senior record, they can claim the senior record.
  6. If a junior shoots as a senior in an external competition they can still claim a junior record.
  7. Juniors become seniors on reaching their 18th birthday.
  8. All claims must be made on the official claim form.
  9. The form must be received by the County Records Officer within 18 months of the score being achieved.
  10. For scores shot at club level, the score sheet must be checked by the club records officer, who must sign the claim form to confirm that the details are correct.
  11. For external competitions, the archer may give the CRO the web link to the official results either on the claim form or by e-mail (This will not be necessary for HAA tournaments). If not available on the web, a paper copy of the results should be sent with the claim form with the score claimed highlighted.
  12. When the CRO has checked that the score is a new record, it will be put on the HAA website under “Latest Claims awaiting ratification”. Claims are ratified at County meetings (normally held every 2 months). Once they are ratified, the CRO’s records and those on the website will be updated.
  13. Juniors will receive County Record Certificates for Junior Records.
  14. Rounds where full size &/or multi faces are optional only the highest scoring claim will be recognised regardless of face size.
To claim a new record, please complete and submit a Claim Form.